Thursday 9 August 2012

Rainbow baby - one day!

One day I'd like a rainbow baby. I'd been wondering what the meaning of 'Rainbow Baby' was when I kept reading about them on loss forums.

*Babies born to families after the loss of a child are referred to as “Rainbow Babies”. “Rainbow Babies” is the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it doesn't mean the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover but the rainbow provides a counter balance of colour, energy and hope.

Well, quite frankly, I want to be pregnant right now. But then, I want to pregnant with Isla. Not someone else, just Isla. I crave her, I miss her, I need her back. The doc has told us to wait 3 months. I need 3 months of 5mg folic acid in my system and mentally I also need to get past Isla's due date and the consultation with the doc about the post-mortem. But I need to be pregnant again. I miss being pregnant. With Isla. 

No comments:

Post a Comment