Wednesday 23 October 2013

Day 23 - Tattoos / Jewellery

Day 23 - Tattoos / Jewellery

I've written about all these pieces before actually. I've got my pink 'cradle' necklace from mum and my forget-me-not resin heart that I wore to Isla's funeral and ever since. Though having said that, the chain broke on that necklace the day before I went in to be induced with Caleigh. Since she pulls and grabs, I haven't replaced it yet as it'll only end up broken again. 

Then I've got my beautiful new rings - the forget-me-not knot ring and blue stone that I've been wearing every day. 

The tattoo survived being pregnant! I thought it would stretch and distort but no. I love how it reminds me of Isla and dad and, in the bump photos I took while pregnant with Caleigh, even more so. 
--------------------------------------------

2012 Entry

Day 23 Capture Your Grief - Isla's Name / photo

I took ages trying to find the way I wanted to present my baby girl's beautiful name and am so pleased I found a way and could just about follow the instructions!

We took a while choosing names and think Isla is just perfect. It's such a pretty name and fits with our surname so perfectly. We would have given her a middle name had she been born crying, but it seemed fitting just to have a perfectly wonderful, solo first name. 
____________________________________________A close up of the photo...


No comments:

Post a Comment