Tuesday 29 October 2013

Day 30 - Growth

Day 30 - Growth

When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandise the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something has suffered and has a history, it becomes more beautiful. ~Barbara Bloom 
Now, I'm not saying I'm more beautiful, but I have changed, thanks to Isla. I do see things differently, as in I feel the grief of other mothers and want so badly to help prevent similar losses to mine. I definitely have more of a zest for living - you only live once after all and life is short! There are more important things to worry about in this life than money or objects. It's about happiness and love and peace. I sound like a right hippy! 

So, the gold that has aggrandised me is made up of Caleigh, Dan, family, friends, Fudge, memories of Isla and all the everyday things that make me smile now. And for that, I appreciate everything in life just that little bit more. 
---------------------------------------------
2012 Entry

Day 30 Capture Your Grief - Tell the World Your Grief

Taken in Korcula, Croatia today...



It says "This is Isla, my daughter. Ask me about her. I still grieve deeply for her.



No comments:

Post a Comment